FanDuel Faceoff Skill-Gaming App Review & Promos
Sign up for the new FanDuel Faceoff app to play sports, strategy, and matching video games against real, skills-matched opponents for cash prizes. No promo code is necessary to claim a new player bonus of $10 in site credits when you make a minimum deposit of $10.
Access Faceoff via an excellent app for Android and iOS devices and tablets, and log in with your existing FanDuel account credentials. Your online wallet is even shared by FanDuel’s online casino, sports betting, racing, and daily fantasy sports verticals.
Social/Sweepstakes Casinos available in Texas
of Gold Coins for $10
Legal in 32 US states, including Texas, FanDuel Faceoff lets you play for free to practice your technique and, when you’re ready, for cash in head-to-head contests and multi-player tournaments. Entry fees range from as little as $0.60 all the way up to $50. Read on for more about the games, how the site works, banking options, and much more.
Why sign up with FanDuel Faceoff
- Deposit $10 or more to receive $10 in site credits. (no promo code needed)
- Play 10+ video games online for free or vie for cash prizes in Texas.
- Compete in contests and tournaments against skills-matched opponents.
- Top-notch banking options and customer service.
FanDuel Faceoff promo code for December 2023
Register for your new FanDuel Faceoff account to receive a welcome bonus of $10 in site credits when you deposit at least $10. No promo code is needed. Once you log into your new Faceoff account, you’ll see a welcome promo banner at the top of the screen.
Click on the banner graphic to open the deposit window, then make a deposit of $10 or more. You’ll receive $10 in bonus credits to try the paid versions of the games. There are no real wagering requirements associated with this offer. Site credits just have to be played once to convert to withdrawable cash.
|Online Gambling Site||FanDuel Faceoff Texas|
|FanDuel Faceoff Promo Code||None needed|
|Deposit Bonus||$10 in site credits|
|Legal States||32, including Texas|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
Other FanDuel Faceoff promotions
The FanDuel Faceoff was a little light on promotional offers at the time of this review. Even so, there were a few.
- Grand Slam Superstar Daily Swing Promotion: Receive one free swing on Grand Slam Superstar each day for the chance to win a share of the $500 prize pool. Winnings can be used on any FanDuel Texas vertical.
- FanDuel Faceoff Rewards: Play Faceoff games to earn cash bonuses and bonus bets that can be used across all of the FanDuel sites. To see the details, just click the ‘Rewards’ tab at the bottom of the app. In the new window that opens, you’ll see a list of tasks that can be completed to earn bonus cash. Tasks might require you to play a certain game, play a free round, play a round for real money, or something else. Keep track of your completed tasks in your transaction history, found under your ‘My Account’ menu.
- Refer-A-Friend: Receive $15 in bonus money when you refer a friend to the site who then deposits at least $15. Send your friend the required Refer-a-Friend link, found under your ‘My Account’ menu. Then, remind them to sign up with Faceoff and make a first deposit of at least $15, and you’ll both receive $15 in site credits within 72 hours.
Though you might not see these exact promotions when you sign up at FanDuel Faceoff, expect to find something similar. As the platform grows, we would anticipate seeing even more promos for existing users.
How do I sign up for a FanDuel Faceoff account?
Signing up for a new FanDuel Faceoff account is super easy, especially if you already have an account with one of FanDuel‘s other sites, such as the casino, sportsbook, racing, or DFS.
If you already have a FanDuel account, you must use your existing credentials to log into FanDuel Faceoff (opening more than one FanDuel account is against the company’s terms of service). Note that, as a plus, all FanDuel verticals have a shared wallet, so you can use any of your deposits and winnings to enter Faceoff contests. You won’t have to go through the verification process a second time.
If you don’t already have a FanDuel account, there are some minimum requirements you will have to meet. While the app is legal in 32 US states, requirements can vary. In Texas, you must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of the U.S., and physically located in Texas when you make a deposit or play in any FanDuel Faceoff contest with an entry fee or prize.
In other states, you must be 21 or older (Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, and Massachusetts) or 19 years of age or older (Alabama). Note that you cannot make a deposit or play Faceoff games for real money if you are physically located in Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, and West Virginia.
As long as you fit the above criteria, you can open a new FanDuel Faceoff account. To begin the registration process, open the app and tap the blue ‘Join FanDuel and create an account‘ button at the bottom of the screen. In the new window that opens, enter your email address, then choose a username and password. Note that passwords must be at least eight characters long and use at least one capital letter and one number.
Next, you will be asked to provide your full name, phone number, home address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number for verification purposes.
Downloading the FanDuel Faceoff app
Even with a preexisting FanDuel account, you’ll still need to download the standalone FanDuel Faceoff app. There is no website version of the site, so you can’t play on a mobile or full-sized web browser. To get the iOS app, just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Apple App Store and search for “FanDuel Faceoff.”
- You will need iOS 14.0 on up, along with 210 MB of storage.
- Click the button to begin the download and wait for the app to install.
Unfortunately, you won’t find the Android app in the Google Play Store, as Google’s current policy doesn’t allow skill-based gaming apps. Instead, you will need to download it via the FanDuel Face off home page. Here’s how to get the Android app:
- If you’re not automatically invited to download the FanDuel Faceoff app when you visit the site on a mobile browser, just search the FAQ in the Help Center for the download link.
- You will need a phone or tablet that can run Android OS9 or later.
- On the Faceoff download page, click ‘Download.’
- Your device may ask you if you want to install unknown apps. If it does, toggle the button to allow installation.
- If you receive a notice saying, “This App May be Harmful,” know that FanDuel states that its Faceoff app is completely secure and up to FanDuel’s highest safety standards.
- With that in mind, go ahead and select the ‘Download anyway’ button to start the installation.
How does FanDuel Faceoff work?
Faceoff offers skill-based games for every taste, such as sports, puzzles, strategy, and even word games, but there are a few rules to cover before you can get started.
How to play FanDuel Faceoff games
- You can practice all Faceoff games for free to learn the rules, familiarize yourself with the controls, and even sharpen your skills. To get started, just pick a game and start playing.
- When you feel you’re ready for some real competition and a chance to win real cash prizes, you can pay an entry fee to compete in a contest against one opponent or a tournament against multiple players. Entry fees start at $0.60 and can climb to $50. If you don’t already have cash in your shared FanDuel online wallet, you’ll need to deposit funds. (See below for details.)
- Do your best and play to win. The FanDuel Faceoff app will match you against real players of similar skill levels. All contestants will play on the same board at different times, using a timer to keep things fair.
- During play, you’ll accumulate points for your strategy, knowledge, and skill. The player who earns the highest score will win the top prize.
Keep reading for more in-depth information on each of the above steps.
Play for free
We love that you can try all of the FanDuel Faceoff games for free before you jump into cash contests or tournaments. This gives you a chance to practice and improve your skills, or even try out a new technique without having to put any real cash on the line.
To play for free, just locate the ‘FREE‘ banner under the entry fee options and then click ‘Play Now.’ You will still have to register and be verified for a FanDuel Faceoff account, and you’ll have to be logged in to your account to play for free, but you won’t have to pay to play or even make a deposit first.
Entry fees and payouts
When you’re done practicing and ready to compete for real cash prizes, you can pay an entry fee ranging from $0.60 to $50 to enter a contest or tournament.
Each FanDuel Faceoff contest will list the amount of its entry fee. Just select a game and pick the contest you want to join. The entry fee will be automatically debited from your shared FanDuel wallet.
If it’s the first time you’ve chosen to play a particular game for real money, FanDuel will cap your entry fee at $25 until your skill level can be properly assessed for matching purposes.
To compete, just follow the instructions and rules found within the game and play to earn points within the specified time frame. Contestants don’t actually play on the same game screen at the same time. The results of each contest will be determined at an independent time.
To see the results of your contests, click ‘Scores‘ from the account menu located at the bottom of the app screen. The window that opens will list all of your previously entered contests or tournaments, called ‘Entries.’
Tap any entry to see the winner and the amount of the prize. To see the full breakdown of each contest entry, click ‘Show Contest Details.’ This will show you the total number of entries, entry fee, winnings, and the start and end times, as well as give you the Reference and Tournament IDs of that entry.
On the FanDuel Faceoff app, there are three types of contests you can enter to compete to win a cash prize:
- Head-to-head: The easiest type of contest is a matchup between you and one other player; whoever gets the highest score wins. Keep in mind that FanDuel will attempt to match you up against another player with a similar skill set to keep the competition fair. For these, the prize is typically just under double your entry fee. For a $20 buy-in, for example, you could win $35.
- Multiplayer: Multiplayer contests can include anywhere from three to 100 players. Just like the head-to-head contests, each player will have one attempt to play the game. Depending on how FanDuel Faceoff structures that specific contest, more than one player may be able to earn a payout for outscoring the other contestants. See each contest’s entry form for full details.
- Tournaments: Tournaments are large contests in which many players compete to become the overall winner. Some tournaments may allow players to re-enter that same contest multiple times to improve their score.
In summary, in all contests, each player will play one round of a particular game for each entry fee paid. The player who earns the highest score will earn the top prize. Obviously, the more players in a competition, the higher the prize. However, your chances of winning drop significantly as well.
Note that each contestant will play their game round at a different time than you. In other words, you may finish your game and be matched up immediately against an opponent who has already played and earned their score, or you may have to wait for your opponent to play their round.
Game scoring for each game on FanDuel Faceoff can be found under the ‘Scores’ link in the account menu at the bottom of the app.
To ensure that the outcomes of game contests are fair, the FanDuel Face off app matches players against opponents of similar skill levels in head-to-head matches.
Skills matching works to level the playing field for newer or less-skilled players, helping to prevent mismatches with highly skilled players. Video games such as Call of Duty, Fortnite, and other popular titles use a similar skill-based matchmaking strategy.
FanDuel Faceoff is able to assess your skill level in each game within the first few paid contests you enter. Keeping in mind that free practice rounds are not included in your skill assessment, skills that are assessed will include the following:
- The number of real cash contests and tournaments you’ve entered;
- Your scores and results in previous real cash contests and tournaments;
- The amount of time you’ve spent playing that specific game;
- Your performance in higher-cost real cash entry fee contests.
Since your skill level is likely to improve as you continue to play, FanDuel Faceoff will continue to evaluate your skill level for every paid contest you enter.
Banking at FanDuel Faceoff
It’s simple to deposit cash into your FanDuel Faceoff account, especially if you already have an account with one of FanDuel’s other gaming sites, such as the sportsbook, casino, racing, or daily fantasy sports verticals.
The FanDuel Faceoff app offers the following banking options for making safe and secure deposits:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express (credit and debit cards)
- PayPal (ACH eCheck, eWallet)
- Venmo (eWallet)
- Online banking (ACH eCheck)
- FanDuel Play+ card (prepaid credit)
With a shared wallet, you can take any winnings from the FanDuel Faceoff app and use them to play the slots on FanDuel Casino or place a wager on your favorite team on FanDuel Sportsbook.
If you’d like to withdraw your winnings, you can rest assured that FanDuel Faceoff cash prizes are secure and available for quick withdrawal via the following methods:
- Online banking (3-5 business days)
- PayPal (Up to 48 hours)
- Venmo (Up to 48 hours)
- Debit card (Up to 48 hours on first withdrawal and 24 hours for subsequent withdrawals)
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+ card (Up to 24 hours)
- Check by mail (Seven to 10 business days)
To make a withdrawal, just click the ‘Withdraw’ link under your account menu, enter the amount you’d like to withdraw, and fill out your account information.
Note that you will not be able to use a debit card, Venmo, PayPal, or FanDuel Prepaid Play+ Card to make a withdrawal unless you have already made a deposit using that method.
In which states is FanDuel Faceoff legal?
Even if online casino or sports wagering is not yet legal in your state, FanDuel Faceoff game contests are currently legal in 32 US states, including Texas and the following.
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Players must be at least 18 years old to legally play paid-entry skill games in the above states, except for Alabama (must be at least 19 years of age) and Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, and Massachusetts (must be at least 21 years of age).
While you don’t actually have to live in one of the above legal states to legally play FanDuel Faceoff games, you must be located within one at the time of play. The app will use geolocation software to ensure you’re within legal state lines.
FanDuel Faceoff games
If you are expecting FanDuel Faceoff games to be similar to slots like those that may be found at Texas online casinos (if they’re ever legalized), you are in for a surprise. The games you’ll find on Faceoff have more in common with video games than slots.
Developed by Game Taco, a provider of online games and tournaments, these games take skill to play and conquer. For instance, fans of chess will want to try King’s Crossing, in which you’ll need to move the King to the throne by moving around the rest of the board to clear the way. Pieces move just as they would on a real chessboard.
Similarly, everyone should also be comfortable with the FanDuel Faceoff version of Wheel of Fortune, which is very similar to the long-running television game show. Spin the wheel, choose your consonants, and buy vowels if you need them, all before your timer runs out.
Another FanDuel Faceoff word game is Boggle, in which you race against time to uncover words and use double and triple word multipliers strategically to increase your score. Scrabble Cubes should be familiar to anyone who’s played Scrabble. Each letter of the alphabet earns a different point value, so you’re looking to form words with the highest point count. The key difference is that the tiles are arranged in a cube shape, and the letters you use must be able to connect (so it is similar to Boggle in this sense).
In Pat McAfee’s Field Goal Faceoff, you’ll want to kick as many field goals as possible before the clock runs out. You’ll need to carefully aim your kicks, taking the wind and timing into consideration.
Other sports-related games include the baseball home run derby Grand Slam Superstar, a round of golf in Jordan Spieth’s Fairway Frenzy, and Gronk Spike Cornhole, brought to you by NFL legend Rob Gronkowski.
Classic video game favorites are on tap, as well. Block Trail is similar to Tetris. In Block Trail, new pieces are shown on the bottom of the screen, and you place them wherever you want on the board, without rotating them at all. You work to piece together full lines across the playing field, either vertically or horizontally. The challenge of this setup is that you don’t get to see the shape of the piece you need to place before it appears on the screen.
In Atari Breakout Blitz, players must smash through bricks to rack up points in this exciting puzzle game. Collect power-ups and race against the clock to boost your score.
Finally, strategy skills are called for in Puzzle Pyramid. Match shapes to clear the pyramid, and plan ahead to create an epic streak. This one is great fun for fans of matching games.
FanDuel Faceoff app
FanDuel launched its Faceoff app in March 2022 in partnership with US-based game designer Game Taco. FanDuel Faceoff is only accessible on its app.
Note that you’ll have to download the Android app directly from the FanDuel Faceoff site. You will need a phone or tablet that can run OS9 or later. See above for download instructions.
The FanDuel Faceoff app is available in the Apple App Store. You’ll need about 210 MB of space on your phone (running iOS 14.0 or later) to download the FanDuel Faceoff app. The app is extremely highly rated on the App Store, earning 4.8 out of 5 stars in over 11,500 total ratings.
We found the app to be trouble-free, easy to navigate, and attractive. For a quick look at some of the games, you’ll find countless uploads of real game footage on YouTube, posted by happy customers.
FanDuel Faceoff customer service
FanDuel Face off makes it easy to contact a member of its customer support team. Use the ‘Help’ link to transfer to a thorough FAQ section, where you can reach out to an agent via live chat if you can’t find what you’re looking for in the FAQ.
Here’s the complete list of ways to reach out to the Faceoff support team.
- Live chat: Live chat agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help answer your questions. Just tap the ‘FanDuel Coach‘ or ‘Chat with an Expert’ button on the bottom right-hand side of the FAQ screen to connect.
- Social media: Send a message to support personnel on social media, such as Facebook or Twitter (@FanDuel_Support), between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. ET, seven days a week. The staff strives to reply to all messages within one hour.
- Email: Use the message form in the Help Center to send an email to support staff. It may take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to receive a reply, and additional information might be necessary via a second email before staff can address your problem. FanDuel strongly recommends using the live chat option instead.
- Voicemail: Call (609) 224-1019 and leave a message. This option may have one of the slowest response times, depending on how many customers are in line ahead of you. FanDuel strongly recommends using live chat or one of the other contact options listed above. If you still want to leave a voicemail, in addition to your question or concern, be sure to include your full name, FanDuel username, phone number, and email address. That information is necessary for FanDuel to identify your account and reply.
FanDuel Faceoff pros and cons
FanDuel Faceoff is one of the first sites of its kind to hit the online marketplace, so it isn’t really possible to compare it to competitors. Even so, there are a few aspects of the site that really stand out in our estimation, as well as one or two areas that can be improved. Read on for our take on the app.
What FanDuel Faceoff does right
Here is our short list of FanDuel Faceoff’s best qualities.
- Excellent banking methods: FanDuel Faceoff’s connections to the daily fantasy, online casino and sportsbook, and racebook verticals mean that a wide variety of top-notch banking options are available, including a wallet that’s shared between all FanDuel products. Banking options include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express credit and debit cards, PayPal and Venmo, ACH eCheck, and the FanDuel Play+ prepaid credit card.
- Great game collection: The FanDuel Faceoff game collection includes a good variety of video game-like titles, including sports, strategy, puzzles, and even word games. These games are not casino slots. Players will have to develop and display real skills to have a chance at winning real money.
- Welcome bonus: FanDuel Faceoff offers a decent welcome bonus of $10 in site credits when you deposit at least $10. No FanDuel Faceoff promo code is needed, and site credits have to be played through only once (1x) to convert to withdrawable cash.
- Legal in 32 states: Unlike the FanDuel online casino app, FanDuel Faceoff is legal to play in more than just a handful of states. Plus, in Texas and most other states, players only need to be 18 years old.
Where FanDuel Faceoff could improve
Here is our short list of ways FanDuel Faceoff could improve.
- More promos: We understand that FanDuel Faceoff is a brand-new site, but we always think online gaming sites should offer more and better promotions to both attract more new players and retain current users. The more players FanDuel can attract to the site, the better the skill-matching service will perform. Those players are more likely to stick around if FanDuel Faceoff provides a good array of regular promotions for established customers.
- Website access: We’d really like to see FanDuel Faceoff create and maintain a gaming website that can be accessed via a web browser. Some players have a hard time playing on a small-screen phone, while others would just prefer to play games on a full-sized screen.
FanDuel Faceoff FAQ
No promo or code is needed for the FanDuel Faceoff welcome bonus of $10 in site credits when you deposit at least $10. To get the $10 site credits, just log into your new FanDuel Faceoff account and click the welcome promo banner at the top of the screen.
FanDuel wants new players to try out the games, so what you’ll get is $10 in site credits, not cold, hard cash. You’ll have to use your site credits to convert them into withdrawable cash, so it’s a 1x rollover, which is as good as it gets on any bonus playthrough stipulation.
Yes, every game on FanDuel Faceoff will have an option to play for free, so you can practice and develop your skills. After you select a game to play, find the big ‘FREE’ under the entry fee options and then click ‘Play Now.’
Yes, absolutely. Once you’re ready for some real, live competition and a chance to win cash money, you can pay the FanDuel Faceoff entry fee ($0.60 up to $50) to join any contest or tournament listed for your game of choice. If you win, you’ll take home a cash prize.
While the FanDuel Faceoff iOS app is available in the Apple App Store, the Android app is not available in the Google Play Store. According to FanDuel, since Google’s current policy doesn’t allow skill gaming apps in the Google Play Store, you will have to search for the app on your mobile browser and then download the app directly from the FanDuel Face off website.
Skill-matching is the process FanDuel Faceoff uses to determine your opponents in all cash-based contests. This ensures that the real person or people you will be competing against will have skills similar to your own. Instead of finding yourself matched against an expert when you’re a novice, you’ll be matched with on-paper equals.
Yes. FanDuel Faceoff offers a wide range of banking options, including Venmo and PayPal.
You can withdraw your FanDuel Faceoff winnings at any time via multiple safe and secure banking options, including PayPal, online banking ACH eCheck, FanDuel Play+ credit card, and check by mail.