The MVP award is one of the most popular MLB futures bets you can make at legal and regulated sportsbooks. When Texas legalizes sports betting, you’ll be able to put down your own bets on who will walk away as the American or National League MVP both before and during the season.
Check out the latest AL and NL MVP odds at legal Texas online sportsbooks below (once legal).
Current AL and NL MVP odds
See below for current American League and National League Most Valuable Player odds. Click on any MLB MVP odds to go directly to the sportsbook and get your bets started.
Best MLB baseball betting sites for MVP odds
Every legal and regulated sportsbook in the US should have futures odds for both the AL and NL MVP award. Here are four top sportsbooks for betting on MLB futures odds and MLB props.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: With a huge selection of futures odds for every major sport, it’s no surprise that DraftKings offers betting on baseball’s MVPs. It also has a nice selection of other futures bets, as well as player props.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: FanDuel offers competitive lines for every futures bet it has available, and you’ll find a nice variety of futures, including Major League Baseball awards.
- BetMGM Sportsbook: BetMGM has some of the most frequently updated odds of any sportsbook. It also offers regular incentives like boosted odds and promotions for many MLB bets.
- Caesars Sportsbook: A recognizable name in the world of betting, Caesars has an easy-to-use app and online sportsbook. It has sports promotions similar to what you’ll find at BetMGM, as well as a high standard for keeping its odds as current as possible.
When is the best time to bet on AL and NL MVP winners?
This really comes down to personal preference and betting strategy. Some bettors like to go for high-risk and high-reward situations, which makes betting early far more attractive.
Other bettors prefer a more conservative approach. They wait until they see more data and then pick through the current MLB MVP betting odds to find the best potential return on their bet.
American League MVP contenders
- Aaron Judge AL MVP odds: Throughout the history of Major League Baseball, only five players had hit 60 home runs in a single season before 2022. Judge is the sixth player on that list. He also plays on a frequently contending team, which is something that voters often look for (though not always).
- Shohei Ohtani AL MVP odds: Ohtani was the AL MVP in 2021 and potentially had an even more complete season in 2022. As a pitcher, he’s increased his strikeouts, allowed fewer walks and home runs, and thrown more innings — while still hitting more than 30 homers — all of which is pretty amazing.
- Yordan Alvarez AL MVP odds: Yordan Alvarez is one of the best pure hitters in Major League Baseball. So far, in four years in the bigs, he’s posted a batting average near .300, an on-base percentage a little shy of .400, and a slugging percentage of close to .600.
- Alex Bregman AL MVP odds: Alex Bregman plays for an Astros team that tends to be near the top of the league. He also finished second in AL MVP voting in 2019 to Mike Trout.
- Corey Seager AL MVP odds: Corey Seager has all the tools to be one of the best players in baseball. Injuries have hobbled him in the past, but he’s also won the NL Rookie of the Year award and a World Series MVP.
National League MVP contenders
- Paul Goldschmidt NL MVP odds: An outstanding defensive first baseman who’s experiencing a bit of rejuvenation as a hitter, he’s also been a perennial NL MVP contender, finishing second three times (2013, 2015, and 2017)
- Nolan Arenado NL MVP odds: Arenado has proved that it wasn’t just the thin air of Coors Field that made him a threat with the bat. He also plays Gold Glove-level defense all season long.
- Freddie Freeman NL MVP odds: With one NL MVP award in his trophy case already (2020), it’s no surprise that Freeman is in the discussion. He didn’t hit worse than .299 in any month in 2022.
- Mookie Betts NL MVP odds: Is there a better all-around player in baseball, month in, month out? If Betts is on the field for over 60% of the season, he’s an MVP contender.
What other MLB awards can I bet on?
- AL and NL Cy Young Award odds: The Cy Young Award goes to the best pitcher in each league.
- AL and NL Rookie of the Year odds: Just as the name implies, the award goes to the most outstanding rookie in both the American League and National League.
- AL and NL Manager of the Year odds: Being the skipper of a dominant team that leads wire to wire can be one way to win this award, but it’s not a sure thing. If a team seems to come out of nowhere or overcomes key injuries, the manager of that squad may get some hardware.