FanDuel Texas Sportsbook – App Review and Details
Disclaimer: FanDuel Sportsbook is not live in Texas. This review is speculative, based on the FanDuel Sportsbook app in states where it is live. We will update this page when FanDuel launches in Texas.
While FanDuel Sportsbook and legal sports betting aren’t quite yet a reality in the Lone Star State, there’s hope for aspiring Texas bettors on the horizon. Legislators have been seriously considering legal sports betting, and notable political figures like Beto O’Rourke have joined Texas’ major sports franchises in pushing the measure forward. There’s a possibility that online sports betting could be coming to Texas in 2023 or 2024.
When you sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook Texas, expect a high-quality welcome bonus. Currently, new FanDuel users can receive a No Sweat Bet for up to $150. No FanDuel Texas promo code is required.
In this FanDuel Sportsbook review, we’ll give you the scoop on just about all you could possibly want to know about FanDuel. That means taking you through all the features, bonuses, and markets, not to mention how and when you can make a FanDuel Texas account.
FanDuel Sportsbook bonus code for Texas – December 2023
FanDuel has one of the top welcome bonuses in the online sportsbook marketplace. Sign up with FanDuel Texas Sportsbook and you’ll receive a No Sweat Bet for up to $150. Just place your first bet and you’ll be refunded for up to $150 in FanDuel bonus bets if you lose.
You do not need to enter a FanDuel Sportsbook promo code to claim this bonus.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Texas|
|FanDuel Texas Promo Code||None needed|
|No Sweat Bet Welcome Bonus||Up to $150|
|Bonus Terms||Refund awarded as free bets|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
How do I get my FanDuel Sportsbook welcome bonus?
To claim your FanDuel Sportsbook sign up bonus in Texas just follow these steps:
- Go to the FanDuel Texas site.
- Select “Join.”
- You should be prompted with a “Start Playing FanDuel” screen.
- Fill out your personal information.
- Choose a deposit method and fill out your payment details.
- Finish the registration and create your account.
That’s all there is to it. Now you just need to decide what and how much you’re going to wager on your first bet. Remember only your initial bet is eligible for the No Sweat Bet, so make it count, and good luck.
FanDuel welcome bonus … the fine print!
One of the things we like most about the FanDuel sign-up bonus is how easy it is to understand. Open a new FanDuel account, make a deposit, and place your first bet.
If that bet loses, you are refunded with bonus bets in the same amount, maxing out at $150. Really the only other thing to understand is how bonus bets at FanDuel work.
FanDuel Sportsbook bonus bets cannot be withdrawn, they only can be wagered. You’ll have 14 days to use all your bonus bets before they expire. To use a bonus bet, simply select a wager, then click the bonus bet in your FanDuel betslip. This will automatically apply the entire bonus bet. If you want to bet less than the full amount, just select the amount in the betslip and enter how much you want to wager. When you’re happy with your selection, place the bet, and you’re done.
When you win a bonus bet wager, you only are given the winnings from the bonus bet, not the bet stake as well. This makes bonus bets less valuable than cash. However, FanDuel is one of the only sportsbooks that lets you divide up your bonus bets however you want. Most other online operators force you to use them all at once.
Can I trust FanDuel Sportsbook in Texas?
Absolutely. While FanDuel is not currently licensed to operate in Texas, that’s just because nobody is. FanDuel operates in several states already as a reputable and tightly regulated operator.
FanDuel also offers great customer service, and solid encryption technology to keep your personal information and payment details safe, and it is certain to help you out in the event of an issue. FanDuel users will find plenty of responsible gambling resources, like self-exclusion periods, limits players can set on their accounts, and problem gambling hotlines.
Getting started at FanDuel online sportsbook
It couldn’t be simpler to open your account with FanDuel Sportsbook online. From a link on this page, navigate to the FanDuel website home page, where you’ll see a button labeled “Join” in the top right corner. Having found yourself on the registration page (there will be a message that says, “Start Playing FanDuel”) you’ll just have to fill out some information. This should be your:
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Phone number
- A new password for your account
Once you’ve done that, you’re almost done. Just choose a method for depositing to and withdrawing from your FanDuel account and make the minimum deposit ($10). Then, you’ll be all set to go. Remember, your first bet with FanDuel is insured for up to $150.
How do I download the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
To download the app, follow one of the links on this page, and navigate to the FanDuel Sportsbook page to create an account. Then, if you return to the home page and scroll down, you’ll see a large button to “Download on the App Store” or “Download App for Android.” If you click those buttons, you’ll be redirected to the FanDuel app page for your state (Texas). Once you’ve been redirected to the correct page, hit “Get” or “Download,” and the free app will begin to install.
Once the app has been installed, you can open it, log in to your account and perform any operation you could on the website. Place a wager, deposit funds, or withdraw funds. Whatever you want, you can do it from the FanDuel online sportsbook app.
The FanDuel app is well-reviewed in its current jurisdictions, with scores of 4.7 and 4.8 out of 5 on the Android and Apple App Stores, respectively.
Where do I find FanDuel promotions?
The FanDuel Texas website and app both include a dedicated tab for promotions. From there, you can browse all the available promotional and bonus opportunities. You don’t need a FanDuel promo code for the welcome bonus or to claim any sports bonuses for existing customers. Be warned though, that you will need to click the “opt-in” button to be eligible for the majority of FanDuel Sportsbook promotions.
We suggest checking out the FanDuel promotions page daily because new offers are added on the regular. You also will want to give the “Boosts” page a look as well, as that is where you’ll find daily odds boosts. It’s a minor thing, but we like that for boosted odds bets FanDuel includes the original odds, so you know how big the boost is.
Why should I choose the FanDuel Sportsbook Texas app?
FanDuel is a great choice if you’re looking for a top Texas betting site. There are plenty of great features that you should know about before signing up. Here are the top four aspects of FanDuel Sportsbook we think every prospective bettor should know.
- Beginner-friendly welcome bonus: Many sportsbooks offer welcome bonuses that are similar to FanDuel’s No Sweat Bet bonus. But FanDuel is one of the few that refunds you with bonus bets that can be used however you decide, instead of all at once.
- Competitive odds: No matter how big the bonuses are, you’re not getting a good deal if your book is overcharging you on your bets. Thankfully, FanDuel offers some of the best overall pricing across all its markets, meaning you don’t have to worry that your book is juicing its odds too much.
- Exceptional app interface: With incredibly high ratings on FD’s app, you can look forward to a smooth and seamless betting experience. Whether it’s managing your bet slip, browsing betting options, depositing money or withdrawing your winnings, the FanDuel app makes it all an easy, frictionless experience. So, if you like mobile betting, FanDuel is a great book for you.
- Live streaming: FanDuel has partnered with leagues like the NHL to offer live streaming in-app! This is an excellent feature that allows you to watch games from within the sportsbook app, free of charge. Be sure to take advantage of this relatively rare sportsbook feature.
What you won’t like about FanDuel
Despite everything there is to love about the FanDuel sports betting site, there are also areas for improvement. Here are a couple of aspects where we think FanDuel could step up its game.
- Live betting interface: FanDuel has gotten a few complaints in the past for its live betting interface not being the smoothest. Some users report glitches and lags, which isn’t ideal for a time-sensitive form of betting.
- Limited odds boosts: FanDuel offers several great promotions throughout the week, however when it comes to odds boosts, those are lacking. We’ve seen days where Caesars Sportsbook has had more than 50 odds boosts and FanDuel has had two. In FanDuel’s defense though, its limited boosts are typically high in quality at least.
- Limited withdrawal options: Unfortunately, it’s a little easier to put money into FanDuel than it is to take money out. You can use online banking, your debit card, PayPal, Venmo, or a check. By contrast, you can also use wire transfers, prepaid cards, credit cards, and more when you deposit.
Available bets at FanDuel Texas Sportsbook
When you sign up to play with FanDuel, you’ll have access to just about every possible bet type. If you’re a novice bettor looking for a little more information, here’s an overview to help you navigate the FanDuel options when you first sign up.
- Moneylines (bets placed on the winner of a game outright)
- Spreads (bets placed on the winner of a game and the margin that they win by)
- Parlays (bets placed by combining multiple individual bets, or “legs,” which have to all be correct for the bet to win)
- Single-game parlays (same as above, but with all legs from the same game)
- Teasers (bets where the bettor buys “points” to then place a parlay)
- Live betting (bets placed “live,” after the game has already started on fluctuating live odds)
- Proposition bets (bets on things in the game that don’t directly relate to the end result, like an individual player’s points)
- Futures (bets placed on events in the future, like an end-of-season outcome)
- Totals (bets placed on the total amount of points scored in the game, without consideration for who scores them)
Can I bet on the Houston Astros at FanDuel?
Of course, FanDuel offers plenty of betting markets for all the top leagues, including MLB bets, NBA bets, NFL bets, NHL bets, college football bets, and college basketball bets. And there are no rules against betting on local teams, so you can fire up all the bets you want on the Astros, Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Houston Dynamo, FC Dallas, and Austin FC.
You also can bet on local college teams like the Texas Longhorns, Texas A&M Aggies, TCU Horned Frogs, and many others.
Payment options at FanDuel online sportsbook
FanDuel has several options for depositing and withdrawing, so you’ll certainly find a method that works for you. Here’s the list of the current options.
- Debit or credit cards
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
- Cash at counter
- Cash with PayNearMe
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+
- Gift card
- Online banking
- Debit card
Your FanDuel online wallet is also good at your FanDuel Faceoff TX account, as well as the DFS and online casino platforms.
How to contact FanDuel customer service
FanDuel offers a 24/7 live chat and an email address that bettors can use to get customer support. The live chat is the most popular form of customer service at FanDuel but submitting an email ticket to [email protected] should get you a response within 24 hours too. There is currently no phone line.
How do I exclude myself from FanDuel?
FanDuel takes responsible gambling seriously. In fact, it recently made a $100,000 donation to the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG). If you navigate to the responsible gambling page of FD’s website, you’ll find options to self-exclude, set limits on your activity or contact gambling hotlines, like the NCPG hotline at 1-800-522-4700.
Can I bet with FanDuel Sportsbook in person?
Currently, you can’t. FanDuel doesn’t have a retail presence in Texas, but once Texas updates its sports betting legislation to make way for online betting, it’s possible that retail betting might also open up.
How does FanDuel compare to other Texas sportsbooks?
FanDuel does admirably in any comparison to its rival sportsbooks. Though it hasn’t arrived in Texas yet, once it does, we’re sure that its popularity will spread very quickly. It’s got a great app interface that makes betting easy and a stellar welcome bonus that insures your first bet for up to $150. On top of that, FD offers very competitive pricing on its odds, meaning that bettors don’t have to worry about whether they’re getting a good deal. We think that FanDuel offers a great service, and Texas bettors should look forward to signing up with this deservedly A-list operator.
FanDuel Sportsbook Texas FAQ
You don’t need to enter a FanDuel code to claim the top FanDuel welcome bonus of a No Sweat Bet for up to $150. Just sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook in Texas using our links and you’ll be all set.
Yes, you must be 21 or older and physically located in Texas to bet with FanDuel. Geolocation should be on when using the app; otherwise, it will not be able to verify that you are within Texas state lines.
Yes, the minimum deposit is $10. To claim the welcome bonus, you must then also place a $5 qualifying bet.
Yes, you can bet on NCAA sports with FanDuel, but be sure to check Texas regulations regarding betting on college athletics.
Yes. FanDuel is a legal operator, subject to regulation and oversight from government authorities. We recommend using a licensed operator (like FD) rather than an unlicensed offshore operator.