BetMGM Sportsbook Texas – App Preview and 2023 Bonus Code
Disclaimer: BetMGM Sportsbook is not live in Texas. This review is speculative based on the BetMGM Sportsbook app. We will update this page when BetMGM launches in Texas.
BetMGM is one of the most prominent online sportsbooks in states where sports betting is legal. While Texas is not one of those states at the moment, if that ever changes, BetMGM will likely look to launch there.
New customers who open an account at BetMGM can claim a first bet offer for up to $1,000 as a welcome bonus simply by using the BetMGM Texas bonus code PLAYBONUS. Couple that with competitive odds, over 20 available sports on which to bet, and a variety of live betting options (including free live streaming for select events), and you have a top-of-the-line betting platform.
This review will go over that and other bonuses that BetMGM Sports has available, as well as other key aspects of the sportsbook like betting options, deposits and withdrawals, the BetMGM app, and more.
- User experience: Great on web browser, solid on mobile.
- Odds: Competitive odds with standard juice for most bets.
- Promos: Good welcome bonus and a wide selection of ongoing promos.
- Best feature: The “edit my bet” feature makes BetMGM one of the rare online sportsbooks to let you modify your wagers after you’ve made them.
When might BetMGM Sportsbook launch in Texas?
Not for a while, if ever. First, Texas would need to legalize sports betting. Because the Texas Legislature meets during odd years only, the earliest that a TX sports betting vote could happen would be 2023.
On top of that, previous efforts to legalize sports betting in the state have failed in the face of significant political opposition. And then, even if Texas does eventually decide to allow sports betting, it would still take the state some time to codify the sports betting rules and begin issuing licenses to online sportsbooks.
BetMGM Texas Sportsbook bonus code for May 2023
Use the best BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYBONUS when you create an account at BetMGM. Then make a deposit and complete any wager. If that wager loses, you’ll receive reimbursement in bonus bets for as much as $1,000.
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook Texas|
|BetMGM Texas Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|First Bet Offer||Bonus Bet refund up to $1,000|
|Terms and Conditions||• Minimum deposit is $10.
• If the qualifying bet loses, you get bonus bets, not cash.
• Betting $49 or less gets a single bonus bet equal to that amount.
• Betting $50 or more gets you five bonus bets, each worth 20% of the original bet.
|Best Feature||Edit my bet|
|Launch Date||To Be Determined|
|Valid as of||May 2023|
Maximizing the BetMGM welcome bonus in May 2023
Once you’ve created an account and used the top BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYBONUS for Texas, you’ll need to deposit at least $10 and then place a wager on the BetMGM Texas Sportsbook website or app.
From here, there are two scenarios: 1) you win the bet, in which case you’ll collect your winnings as normal, or 2) your bet loses, in which case you’ll get that same amount back in the form of bonus bets, up to a maximum of $1,000.
For example, say you place a $50 wager on the Dallas Mavericks to beat the San Antonio Spurs. However, the Spurs end up beating the Mavs, and your wager loses. In this case, since your wager was $50 or more, you would get five bonus bets for $10 each.
You cannot withdraw these bonus bets. Instead, you must wager them before being able to cash out any winnings (you don’t get the original bonus bet back, even if it wins). You must use your bonus bets within seven days of receiving them.
Getting started at BetMGM Sportsbook in Texas
The BetMGM online sportsbook sign-up process is simple and intuitive. You won’t need more than several minutes to create an account. Here’s the deal:
- Access the BetMGM Sportsbook site or the BetMGM sports betting app (available for iOS and Android).
- Select the registration button and provide your email address, desired password, full name, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number, and other personal details. Also, use the BetMGM Sportsbook code PLAYBONUS when prompted to claim the best BetMGM welcome bonus.
- Verify your details, and your account will be ready to go.
From here, you just need to go to the cashier, deposit at least $10, and place a qualifying wager. That wager will then be eligible for the BetMGM sign-up bonus of a first bet refund in bonus bets for up to $1,000.
BetMGM Sportsbook app and rating
Here’s the breakdown of the BetMGM Texas mobile app and features rating:
- Ease of logging in: 4.5/5. Logging in is easy and fast. Methods include manually typing in your email and password or logging in via a Yahoo Sports account if you have one. BetMGM also offers face ID, although most users say it isn’t always reliable. Competitors like FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook have similar issues.
- Placing bets: 4.6/5. Finding what you want to bet on is not hard on the BetMGM website. Once you click on a specific bet, it will appear immediately on the betting slip on the right, at which point you can set how much you want to bet and confirm the wager. Using the app to place bets is similar.
- Overall speed: 3.9/5. The BetMGM online sportsbook app does not have great fluidity, especially compared to DraftKings or FanDuel. Browsing can be pretty choppy, even with a fast and stable internet connection. It’s not like the app is too slow, but it could use some improvements.
- Parlays: 4.9/5. BetMGM online sportsbook works well for parlay fans. The bet slip has three tabs, one each for straight bets, parlays, and round robins, allowing you to manage your bets better. The app is also known for its easy parlay feature that lets you browse moneyline, total, and spread bets from major games more easily.
- Single-game parlays: 4.8/5. BetMGM Texas calls these one-game parlays and offers them for NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL Select a game and choose the one-game parlay tab to see available options.
- Overall: 4.6/5. The app is a bit glitchy and slow, but it has a clean interface and lets you quickly find what you’re looking for. Creating parlays and same-game parlays is simple and intuitive.
BetMGM Sportsbook vs. FanDuel Sportsbook
Here is how BetMGM stacks up against one of its fiercest competitors on the market — FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Daily Boosts||Alongside Caesars, BetMGM has the most boosts, primarily available on props and parlays for major sports and generally boosting the original odds by 25% to 30%.||FanDuel does not offer as many odds boosts as BetMGM. Still, FanDuel tends to boost the odds a bit more, often around 40%.||BetMGM|
|Promotions||New customers get a first bet offer worth up to $1,000. On top of that, there are plenty of other promos like parlay specials, parlay plus and refer a friend.||FanDuel currently offers a no sweat first bet for up to $1,000, which is quite similar to BetMGM’s welcome promo. Still, we feel that BetMGM has slightly better promotions overall.||BetMGM|
|Single-game Parlays||BetMGM’s one-game parlays are available for NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL games. The number of options and the odds are solid, but not as good as at some competing sportsbooks.||FanDuel popularized the same-game parlay and is still arguably the best sportsbook in this regard. FanDuel offers SGPs for all major sports and has some of the best options. You can also combine an SGP from one matchup with an SGP from another.||FanDuel|
|Standard Odds||The pricing at BetMGM is fair and solid overall, with standard odds for spreads and totals starting at -110.||FanDuel likes to fine-tune its odds. Unlike BetMGM, where odds often end in a 5 or 0, you may find FanDuel odds at +116 or -148, for example. These “unusual” odds can provide lower juice, especially for popular bets.||FanDuel|
|Top Benefits||Promos and odds boosts, alongside great options for creating parlays. Additionally, MGM Rewards offers various benefits.||User-friendliness and app functionality. The smooth and responsive live betting operation is also one of the sportsbook’s perks.||Tied. Both offer solid benefits.|
|What's Lacking?||Most users cite odds and app speed as two of the biggest shortfalls of BetMGM.||A broader selection of daily odds boosts would be nice.||FanDuel|
|App Rating||The BetMGM app does the job, but it does suffer some issues with glitches and overall speed.||The FanDuel Sportsbook app is one of the best around. It’s light, user-friendly and not prone to glitching or crashing.||FanDuel|
FanDuel is a tough sportsbook to compete with, and there’s a reason why it’s one of the best (if not the best) legal sportsbooks in multiple US states.
Overall, we feel that FanDuel is better. Still, BetMGM is superior in a few areas — specifically, the number of BetMGM Sportsbook promotions and odds boosts offered. So if you’re all about enhanced pricing and valuable deals, BetMGM would be the right choice.
Live betting options at BetMGM
There’s no shortage of pregame and live bets on the BetMGM mobile sportsbook app in Texas. The sportsbook covers all major and niche bets across 20-plus sports, giving customers a variety of options and often more than the competition.
You’ll see all currently running games by clicking/tapping “Live” in the top menu. From here, just choose a game to see the betting options. You can also access the game tracker, stats, and potentially a live stream (the streaming is free and available both in the app and browser as long as you register and make a deposit).
The live bets range from standard moneylines and spreads to all kinds of props. Here are a few examples:
- Baylor Bears -4.5 (-120) over Ole Miss Rebels +4.5 (+100) after 7-7 in the first quarter.
- Dallas Mavericks over LA Lakers (-145) leading by two with eight minutes remaining (pregame odds were -165).
- Novak Djokovic to win the first service game of the second set (-700).
- Houston Astros vs. Minnesota Twins to go to extra innings with a score of 3-3 in the sixth inning (+350).
Of course, these are just examples; you’ll find many more options for every game. For instance, basketball live betting at BetMGM includes props like the race to X points, winning margin, and whether the total number of points will be odd or even.
Additionally, BetMGM is parlay heaven, which also holds true for live betting. Instead of placing two or more individual bets on a game that’s still playing, you can create a parlay. For instance, you can combine the Baylor Bears winning over the Ole Miss Rebels and the total score to be under 47.5, just before the fourth quarter begins.
Banking at BetMGM online sportsbook
You will be able to deposit on the BetMGM Sportsbook Texas app via Visa, Mastercard (including MGM Rewards Mastercard), Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay, PayNearMe, VIP Preferred, PlayMGM Play+ Card, and bank wire transfer. The minimum deposit is $10.
To withdraw, you must use a method that you used to deposit in the past 180 days. If you deposited using a method you can’t withdraw with (prepaid credit card, for example), you can request a withdrawal to your bank account. The minimum withdrawal for most methods is $20. There are no fees on either deposits or withdrawals.
BetMGM states that approval of withdrawal requests can take up to five business days, but it usually takes less. PayPal and Play+ are two of the quickest options, with payout times of up to 24 and six hours, respectively. On average, online and instant banking takes around two business days, while Visa and VIP Preferred often take more than three business days.
How to contact BetMGM customer service
For assistance at BetMGM, select “Help & Contact” in your browser or app. You will then see a list of categories with information regarding your account, payments, and other info, with each category having its own FAQ list.
At the end of each answer, you can say that you need more help, which will send you to the contact page, where you can choose live chat (available 24/7) or email.
How to set limits at BetMGM Sportsbook
BetMGM allows customers to limit their sports betting activity in several ways. For instance, you can set deposit and wager limits daily, weekly, or monthly.
Logging in to your account settings and selecting the self-exclusion option will let you disengage from your BetMGM account for a set period of time, during which you won’t be able to reopen the account and won’t receive any promotional emails. Alternatively, you can set session limits and decide how long you want to spend on the BetMGM website or app daily.
To close your account, choose “close all” via the service closure option.
BetMGM partnerships in Texas
Even though sports betting remains illegal in Texas, BetMGM has signed a partnership with the Houston Astros to become the team’s exclusive sports betting partner. This will mean BetMGM signage at Minute Maid Park and various VIP experiences organized by BetMGM for Astros fans during home games.
BetMGM Sportsbook Texas FAQ
When BetMGM launches in Texas you’ll be able to use the BetMGM bonus code PLAYBONUS when signing up and you’ll get a first bet welcome offer worth up to $1,000. Scroll up for full terms and conditions.
BetMGM requires a minimum deposit of $10.
BetMGM provides plenty of daily boosts, usually on various props and parlays. Cashing out early is also available for select single and parlay bets.
No, BetMGM does not charge fees on either deposits or withdrawals. The banking method you use might, though, so check that as well.
BetMGM generally has solid sports betting odds. Some are below average, but they rarely are the worst. However, FanDuel takes less juice in general, while Caesars can have better prices. Still, BetMGM has better pricing than most other sportsbooks.
You can’t. To place bets via the BetMGM app, you must be located in a state where BetMGM is legal.